With All the Hustle and Bustle, How Can I Stay Positive?
The Holidays can really be hard and hectic on people. It is really hard to stay happy and positive. Here are several ways I use to stay positive while shopping or at parties or just at home.
- Rose Water; Spray Rose water on yourself after your shower. Spray it on yourself when your'e taking a minute break in the rest room. Spray it on yourself in place of heavy, artificial fragrances. The Rose water is light, but it has a wonderful effect on your whole body. It calms, relaxes, and makes you feel joy.
- When around other people, you will tend to see dramas unfold! Respectfully ignore the drama. Walk away from it. By not taking the time and energy to watch someone else's negative drama, you give yourself permission to seek more positive energy of seeing and doing what pleases you. By walking away, you do not soak in the negative energy. What we see and experience, we keep in our subconscious minds.
- Give yourself plenty of time to do what you need to do. Going shopping? Make sure you don't have to rush there, rush through the mall, and rush home. Make sure you have plenty of time. Rushing around creates a negative state of mind. You're not in your body fully, thus you're not in the "present moment'. This means you're in the future, which causes us anxiety. Stay in the Present Moment for feeling calm & peace. How? Try feeling your feet as you walk. Try feeling what your hands are holding on to. Notice the colors, the feel, the cold/heat, etc. Remember, you have plenty of time. If you're late for getting to the mall, oh well. If you're late getting home, maybe pick up a meal on the way home to serve.
- Take enough "ME" time for yourself. Everyday find time to do what you want to do. Even if it's just 10 minutes, find it and use it for just you. I will go in to the other room to meditate. I close the door and others know not to disturb me. Take a bath with candles, essential oils in the water (Lavender), and soothing music. Place Epson salts & Sea salt for a soothing bath. Walk outside for 20 minutes. Listen to nature sounds. Listen to soothing music.
- If you find yourself feeling frazzled while shopping, go to the public restroom. There you can sit down in one of the stalls and do a 1 minute Heart meditation. (source- Dr. Judith Orloff, "The Empath's Survival Guide"). Place your hand over your heart area. Close your eyes and take a few deep, slow breaths. Concentrate on how your heart feels. Do this for 1 minute and you will feel the peace and love that has always been in you. Added Tip: When you are done with this meditation, try spraying on that Rose water in your face and over your neck.
- Be grounded. This means you feel fully in your body. -Intuitively, you can do this by imaging roots coming out of your feet and your crotch area. You send these three strands of energy down to the middle of the earth. Wrap your roots around of earth . Now imagine a lever at your hip area. Open it. Now with intention, say you are releasing all the negative energy down in to the earth to be changed to positive energy. When you do this every day, maybe morning and afternoon, you'll start to feel more alert and positive. What you are doing is releasing all the negative energy that you have taken on from other people. -Another way to feel grounded is by wearing or carrying grounding stones. There are some beautiful ones out there. Wear them as jewelry or place the in your pocket. Black Tourmaline is my favorite. I will at times, add a Black Tourmaline on the back of my hand-created necklace. (Cyn Bergsbaken Jewelry) Other stones that may help are: Obsidian, Red Garnets, Hematite, Black Kyanite, Jet, Moss Agates, and Blood Stones. I'm sure there are many more then I listed. -Get outside for a bit. Walking in nature and standing in pine trees can be very grounding. Standing under pine trees or holding on to a tree can also help you release negative energy.
- Wearing or carrying specific stones for clearing one's energy & staying calm can be very valuable. Some suggestions: Black Tourmaline, Amethyst, Blood stone, Obsidian, Tourmalined quartz, Rose quartz, Hessonite garnets, Lilac Lepidolite, Lepidolite, Jasper, Kunzite, Blue Chalcedony, Blue Calcite, Green Calcite, and Aquamarine. I remember a time, before I knew I was sensitive to energy, I was feeling pretty "underground" and out of whack while walking in a Psychic Fair. I had one of the vendors suggest I carry a Lilac Lepidolite stone on me. As soon as I held on to the stone, I started to feel more relaxed and grounded. I know from my studies on stones, Amethyst is said to be great while around many people. But I have a belief about some of the stones. My belief is, if the stone opens up a "Chakra' that is above the physical body chakras, then it will not be so grounding. So if you want to wear a stone that has a very high frequency, I suggest you also wear a stone that will ground you.
- Try wearing essential oils for calming. My favorite is Clary Sage and Lavender. Or try essential oils that produce joy such as Neroli, Rose Otto, Frankincense, or Ylang Ylang. I find Vetiver to be grounding.
- Eating healthy foods (whole foods, vegetables and fruits) and omitting sugar, caffeine or other stimulating foods will go along way in keeping you calm and positive.
- If you see someone in need at the store, take time, stop and ask if they need help. Helping others will make you feel positive immediately. If you see a piece of clothing on the floor, pick it up and hang it on the hanger. Helping others is giving to others, which in turn brings you joy.
- Feeling overwhelmed? Go some place that is quiet. While out in the mall, try a stall in the public restroom. Try praying. Give all your anxiety, worry, anger, etc. to God. Ask for calm, love, happiness, and joy. Now try the 1 minute Heart meditation as stated above.