Confidentiality/ Code of Ethics
Confidentiality can be defined as the client's guarantee that what occurs in the therapeutic setting remains private and protected. First and foremost, the issue of confidentiality concerns the client's rights to privacy and safety. These rights belong equally to every client I see regardless of age, sex, or relationship to me or another client. These same rights apply to both verbal and written interactions I have with anyone than the client. I follow the IARP ( International Association of Reiki Professionals) Code of Ethics for Reiki Practitioners and Reiki Master Teachers.
Code of Ethics/Privacy
- All sensitive information told in confidence between the client and the practitioner is private and is not shared.
- All forms you fill out for your session are kept private.
- I, the practitioner will provide safe and clean environment for the sessions and the client.
- I, the practitioner will respect the client as a whole person.
- I, the practitioner will be sensitive to boundaries of the client.
- I, the practitioner will have pure intention for the highest good healing for the client.
- I, the practitioner will provide oral and /or written discussion on what the session includes. I will discuss Reiki energy with the client, reminding them that there are no guarantees for a cure and Reiki is not a substitute for medical care. Reiki energy treatments are a interactive part of a wellness plan.
- I, the practitioner will not prescribe medications, diagnose, or tell the client to leave a medical program.
- I, the practitioner will not ask the client to undress. I will ask them to remove their shoes.
- I, the practitioner will not use hands-on reiki techniques in sensitive areas or inappropriate areas. (genitals, butt, breasts)
- I, the practitioner will help to educate clients and the public on Reiki energy, energy work, and whole health.
- I, the practitioner will keep myself as healthy as possible to provide a healthy Reiki energy vibration to the client. I will not provide Reiki to clients when I'm "I'm under-the-weather."
- I, the practitioner will ask the client to be active in their part of their Reiki/Sound healing wellness treatment.
Disclaimer by Reiki in the Prairie LLC and Cynthia Bergsbaken copyright 2015
I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or medical doctor. These articles I have written, are from reading and experiencing them. Many of these articles are my own experiences with my own inventions to heal as well.
If you have a medical condition-physically/mentally/emotionally, please see a qualified medical doctor. Do not substitute my articles for proper medical care. You are too important to the world.
I have used all procedures I have written about and have found them to be helpful as tools to help myself become a better person. I am sharing them with you because used as a tool, they are helpful in Shadow working on ourselves. (Shadow working is healing our inner shadows that are unconscious or subconscious. Inner shadows are our belief systems, our thoughts, our behaviors, our life experiences.)
I created this blog for my Reiki clients originally. Combining these tools with Reiki creates a happy, healthy person. These tools, when used alone are also beneficial!
***All original content is copyrighted by Cynthia Bergsbaken, Perceptive Blogger & Reiki in the Prairie LLC.
Reiki in the Prairie LLC is a legal Entity under law, 2015.
April 11, 2020
Plagiarism is a crime. Share just the URL.